Sunday, October 14, 2012

General Psychology 5.5

 Question: What did you mean by "drawing the line"?


Response: By "drawing the line" I was talking about at what point do we deem the things that hurt us sin. I mean if we were all to stop doing everything that hurt us in some degree, we would probably be worse off than the Amish. We do so many things in our culture that are bad for us but we never think to stop doing most of these things. I specified upon some of these things in my last post. This is not super relevant to all that we were talking about, but I was just referring to how we are damaging our hearing and some people would deem that sin. So if we do not want to damage our bodies then at what point do we stop protecting them? It was just a thought I had come up with while reading some other posts I think. I hope this made my thought more clear. Sometimes I feel like I come up with good points but cant communicate them well.


Question: Students how do you think we use our senses to glorify God or not?


Response: Well we sure can use our senses to NOT glorify God in many ways. Many ways which I do not think I need to elaborate on, besides the fact that they are simply the things that He has told us not to do. Being created by God for his glory, He would not have created us with anything that could not be used for His glory. We can use our sight to observe his wonderful creation and praise Him for it. We can use our hearing to listen to music to worship Him. We can use our taste to eat and be thankful . "Whether you eat or drink or whatsoever you do, do all to the Glory of God." We can simply glorify God by enjoying they things around us that He has given us to enjoy. We can also glorify him by using these senses to stay away from that which he has not given us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment