Wednesday, September 5, 2012

BBC - General Psychology 3

Assignment: How does the production of your own neurotransmitters impact you on a daily basis? Give at   least three examples with your discussion.
Note: Make sure you have proof
 
 
Response:First off my third favorite neurotransmitter has to do mostly with eating and sleeping. Its name is huge! ready? Gamma-amino butyric acid. Try saying that ten times fast. If you don't feel like saying all that then you can just say GABA. This neurotransmitter also effects feelings of aggression and is effected greatly by tranquilizers and alcohol. This could be why people: drink more when drunk, sleep so easily when drunk, get aggressive when drunk. This neurotransmitter is very important to daily life because it controls eating, sleeping and aggression. If my GABA was too low i would feel anxious, irritable and unfocused on a daily basis. I personally would not want to live in a world where there was no sleep, no eating, and always anxious, irritated, angry people.
My second favorite neurotransmitter is Dopamine. If you are lazy and do not feel like saying that then you can call it DA. This neurotransmitter controls movement, while also having a direct impact upon learning abilities, attention span and pleasure. This neurotransmitter effects me right now because I can focus on this paragraph, learn what I have read in this chapter, and feel pleasure when I submit this (I hope). There are diseases which are caused by too much or too little Dopamine like Parkinson's disease and possibly schizophrenia.
Finally, my most favorite neurotransmitter is Endorphins. This neurotransmitter effects the feeling of main and mood control. This is commonly talked about in the sports world because some sports may release these endorphins to relieve pain or simply raises moods. I learned in the reading that endorphins may also directly effect the act of taking placebos. This has long been an interest of mine since I once learned a person can get "drunk" off of water and extremely hyper off of drinks without high sugar and such when they believe that they are actually partaking in something else. In a world without endorphins we would have some very grumpy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment